Monday 14 November 2011

Retreat | finding warmth in furniture

The leaves are dropping from the trees, the air is getting brisk, and I am finding myself spending more and more time indoors. Cultivating warmth is important to me during this time of year. I drink more tea, wear heavier clothes, eat more soup – and I tend to become rather nostalgic. I grew up in the country and like to remember the charm and simplicity it has to offer – the mountains of untouched, soft snow, rosy cheeks, and log cabins.

I remember the countryside for its rustic nature, its simplicity, and its charm.

Furniture and interior spaces can also stoke up these feelings. In our showroom at the moment, we have some very unique side-tables. Made primarily of wood and just like trees found in nature, each piece is slightly different and special. They have an aura of warmth and charm.

The sidetable reminds me of a beautiful tree trunk - yet the polished finish and the rhythmic crevices add sophistication to its rustic nature.



This piece has a really lovely lightness to it.



The wood grain is very soft and polished. It has a humble presence.



I love the little bow-tie images on the top of this sidetable. To me, they look like little butterflies! The grain of this wood is also very interesting - the play with light and dark coloring makes it appear very fluid.






No comments:

Post a Comment