Sunday 8 May 2011

Light It Up


When moving and designing your home it's so easy to get caught up in the big, obvious pieces.  By the time you've picked out a sofa, coffee table, dining table, bed... Something like a light fixture can easily go overlooked.  If it works and lights up a dark space, it can wait.  From personal experience (other than my kitchen, my place still has no ceiling lights and I've been living there for three years) I know that this wait can be a long one.

So, I'm on the hunt for new lighting.  Looking at beautiful interiors I am always drawn to the lighting, probably because it makes a subtle but strong impact.  I still haven't decided if I want something simple and sleek or a big statement-maker.  I've posted some of my favourite so far.


Clockwise from top left: Krustallos Light $315; Wave Light $1300; Steel Wrap Light $375; 3-light Chandelier $535

No comments:

Post a Comment