Tuesday 18 October 2011

Lights

   light bulb
Warmth / Ambience / Light

Lighting is important. Studies show that the quality of light affects people in different ways such as productivity and emotional wellbeing. Consider, for example, the difference between bright white halogen lighting in conference rooms and warm, soft lighting in reading rooms. Personally, the bright white exposed lighting in large department stores and conference spaces make me feel agitated and give me a headache – not the way I want to feel in my home!


^ I love the ovular base and the rustic gold colour of the lampshade. 


When I came into work today, I was pleasantly greeted by these beautiful new lamps. Joanna picked these lamps out while she was at the New York Gift Show back in August and they arrived earlier this week. They glow soft and warm. With unique touches to the base and lamp shades, they also add ambience to your home as pieces of artwork in their own right.









^ Light reflects on the base of these lamps dynamically because of their texture - adding sparkle and ambience to your space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment